Friday, April 27, 2012

I live for weekends

The weekend is short, barely enough to recharge. I normally just stroll around the shopping mall close to the house. It's the ultimate mall however small compared to the bigger malls. It has a chapel and a big diorama of the Nativity that is open all year-round. You can find nearly everything in the mall complex at competitive prices. It has a tiangge or a flea market. If you are an impulsive buyer, your budget will be threatened because it offers so many things that you thought you didn't need but once see how cheap it is, a buying decision is instantly made. Most of the time, I just walk around the place and take a mental note of items I might need in the future. I get my haircut, pay bills, do bank transactions, play badminton and many other chores in the mall. Some shops are open 24/7, living up to the saying “the mall never sleeps”. So baring any major plans to go out and shoot, attend an event, or visit some friends and family, my default activity on weekends is strolling around the mall. You just need to get used to the crowd and be in no hurry. Relax. Breathe.

No comments: